- ER visit with CT scan and – hooray – new painkillers.
- Lots of Kindle reading between scans and blood pressure checks and nurse/doctor chats.
- First decent night’s sleep in weeks thanks to Tramadol.
- Sunday drive with family along parts of the Fox River.
- Crazed solo drive to a Jollibee drive-thru that turned out to be closed, followed by a visit to walk-in-only Jollibee with a long line. The bucket of fried chicken with rice, gravy, and peach/mango pies made it worth the lengthy wait, which no doubt aggravated my newly diagnosed sacroiliitis.
- Long nap on a heating pad with the first of many lidocaine patches on my lower back.
- Achievement of level 50 in Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp, allowing me access to the second floor of the cabin I operate in the game. And yes, I worry about myself.
- First backyard fire of the year, cut way short by surprising gusts of wind and a “pneumonia front” that ended spectacular weekend weather.
And with all this behind me, I’m taking a sick day to make doctor appointments and get more acquainted with my new friends Tramadol and lidocaine.